Star Trek: Tanmesad

These are the Voyages of the Cardassian Galor Glass Vessel, the CGV Tanmesad

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Search for Garak – Quarantined

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Valerie Bell
Lieutenant Commander (B)
Lieutenant Commander (B)

Number of posts : 17
Crew Assignment : Operations Commander
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Crew Profile
Name: Dr. Giancarla Viceroy
Department: Chief Medical Officer

PostSubject: The Search for Garak – Quarantined   Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:16 pm

The Tanmesad had returned to the heart of Cardassia after the incident with Tahone. Tania was on the bridge with Charlene in the early afternoon as the vision of Cardassia III filled the viewer. Tania wanted to check on the settlement. To the Borg Disconnect, the Bajoran village was as much of a symbol of Minister Garak as was the Diplomatic Government he hoped to create in the Cardassian Union.

Thandie turned to Tania, "We are being turned away ma'am, under threat of use of the planetary defensive grid."

Tania looked at Thandie, "By whom?"

"By the Cardassian Guard.", Thandie responded from Operations.

"Why?", the Borg Disconnect acted.

"Some sort of virus.", Thandie responded.

Tania looked at Thandie, "Varno, is GP sleeping?"

"GP?", Thandie asked.

"Guinea Pig.", Tania responded.

"Oh?", Thandie responded contacting the Doctor.

Tania turned around looking at Tactical, "Damn, Autumn already left for the day. Thandie, get the Major to meet Evangeline. Take Giancarla to the surface."

"Charlene, put us in high orbit.", Tania ordered.

Tania stressed about her away team. She had not had anything serious happen on the bridge in a long time. She watched Thandie often hoping that Giancarla would call from the surface. Still nothing.

Giancarla contacted the Tanmesad, "Commander Branson, it is Kalla-Nohra Syndrome -Only known cases came from the Cardassian mining camp. Resembles Pottrik Syndrome. It’s a chronic pulmonary disease. Can be confirmed if a lower pulmonary bio-probe is negative if positive then its Pottrik syndrome. Treatment = no known cure."

Giancarla paused, "It is worse, Commander. The Cardassians are suffering from the disease and believe that the Kalla-Nohra was brought here with the settlers. There have been several fights. As we speak, a large barn in the settlement is burning out of control. There are already 63 deaths. I am staying to help those I can."

Tania paced on the bridge as Gul Varno appeared for shift change. The tension between everyone and Varno has been high since his recent behavior. Tania briefed the Cardassian on the situation.

Varno looked at Tania, "Would you remain on the bridge? I am going to the surface."

Tania nodded. Having a Cardassian on the surface would be better than the Borg Disconnect right now.

Tania was growing tired after being on the bridge since 1600. It was now 0300. Varno returned to the Tanmesad. Christina had come up to check on Tania and was sitting with her life partner when Varno returned to brief the crew on the syndrome and the tension.

Christina looked at Varno, "What we really need is a Bajoran doctor who understood the miners camps."

Varno looked at Christina, "Dr. Ro Anora spent time in the camps."

"Anora would never come back here.", Christina responded.

"I will go. It is the only way.", Varno responded.

Charlene looked at Thua'ra, "I will get Glinn Warren to power up the Warren One. I will be ready to fly you in a few minutes."

Varno looked at Charlene, "You have been on shift for 3 extra hours already, Lieutenant. I will have Carson fly the Warren One."

"Aye, Sir.", Faulkner responded.

Vash came on shift in the morning. He was shocked that Tania was still on the bridge. She looked peked. She had been on the bridge for 16 hours. Tania briefed the commanding officer on the scenario. Vash contacted the surface.

Giancarla informed Vash that the Vultures had the fire out in the settlement. The death toll had increased by nine. Vash promised Guinea pig anything she needed.

The Warren One landed on Cardassia III. Varno and Anora walked into the Cardassian settlement. The Cardassian soldiers confronted the pair.

"We don't want no slag Bajoran in here.", the Cardassian shouted.

"This Bajoran can save you. She was in the camps. She knows the disease.", Varno responded.

"I don't believe you.", the Cardassian shoved his rifle into her chest.

Varno stepped in front of Anora.

"We don't want her help.", the Cardassian grumbled.

Varno heard a child cough. Cardassians put huge value on family and children. Varno looked at the Cardassian, "She can save you. She can save the child."

The Cardassian stepped to one side. Anora set to work and began explaining things to Giancarla. Soon the improvement was overwhelming.

The Cardassian stepped into the face of Anora, "You had better save them since your kind brought this here."

Varno looked at Anora. He could see the pain in her face. Varno had not felt a love for Anora in too long. In that moment, he felt an overwhelming urge to protect her. The Cardassian stepped in front of Anora, "Move along, Gorr."

"How can you protect her? She is Bajoran.", the Cardassian spit towards Anora.

Varno grabbed the young man and shoved him up against the wall.

Giancarla walked up, "Just so you know my Cardassian friend, thanks to the evidence provided by Dr. Ro Anora, the truth is the infection was brought here by a Cardassian who had served in the camps and was a carrier. This is not a Bajoran issue, dear friend. This is a residual from the occupation. You, sir, brought this on yourself. If it was not for Dr. Ro, it would have wiped out your community."

"This could have been a genocide brought here as payback for the occupation by a Cardassian. Instead, it is just an epidemic curbed by the Bajoran doctor.", Giancarla explained.

The Cardassian looked at Anora, "Thank you."

The words were simple but their meaning was far more incredible.

Posted by:

Commander Tania Branson
Executive Officer
USS / CGV Tanmesad
Phoenix Federation

Gul Vash Enranet
Commanding Officer
USS / CGV Tanmesad
Phoenix Federation

Glinn Carson Warren
Chief Engineer
USS / CGV Tanmesad