Star Trek: Tanmesad

These are the Voyages of the Cardassian Galor Glass Vessel, the CGV Tanmesad

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Liberation – My Enemy's Keeper

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tania Branson
Commander (B)
Commander (B)

Number of posts : 304
Crew Assignment : Chief Diplomatic Officer
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Crew Profile
Name: T'Ros of Romulus
Department: Diplomatic

PostSubject: Liberation – My Enemy's Keeper   Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:47 am

Tania was on the bridge during the big air battle. The war for the Liberation of Cardassia had begun. There was great cheering as the old buckets of the Cardassian Union started to fall from the sky. With Vash spending so much time on the ground, Tania had been working 12 hour shifts at the COMM and Commander T'Zohl had been spelling her off as Gul Varno too traveled to the planets surface. Tania watched as two Keldons loyal to Minister Garak dove on a Galor smashing it very hard and then returned to their battle runs.

The ship was on fire when its distress signal started coming to the Tanmesad. Tania listened as the message repeated.

"This is Gul La'Kwin of the CGV Janadak, we are crashing. Please respond."

Vash, Autumn and several marines walked onto the bridge as the message played. Tania looked back to Vash and then announced, "Turn that off."

Vash piped up, "Wait. Play it again."

"La'Kwin!", he muttered.

"Dammit.", Vash snapped as Gul Varno entered the bridge with his Marine battle group.

Vash turned to Thua'ra, "It's La'Kwin."

"Glinn La'kwin.", Varno exclaimed.

"I guess its Gul La'Kwin.", Vash pointed out.

Tania looked at the Cardassians, "Someone better explain."

"When Thua'ra ran Platform 1968, La'Kwin was our engineer.", Vash explained.

"He is a good man.", Varno continued.

"He is with them. He stands with the Detapa Council.", Tania pointed out sternly.

"He stands for Cardassia. Good people get wrapped up in bad things. He wants what's best for Cardassia.", Vash exclaimed.

"Death camps and dictatorships are what is best for Cardassia.", Tania rightly suggested.

Vash and Varno looked at each other. Tania had made an excellent point.

Valerie looked at the command staff, "They are crashing. The Jaradak is going down."

Vash looked at Tania, "I want to help them."

Valerie jumped in, "With the significant damage, no one could land that Galor."

T'Zohl looked at Valerie, "I could."

Tania jumped in, "I am not prepared to give up a senior officer to the enemy and then to have her be killed in a crash."

T'Zohl looked at Tania, "I will not die in a crash."

Vash looked at Tania, "If we could convert Gul La'Kwin, it would be a great emotional victory for the Free Cardassia Movement."

Vash looked at Valerie, "Put me through to the ship on the main viewer."

"Gul La'Kwin, this is Gul Vash Enranet of the CGV Tanmesad, loyal to Minister Garak and the Free Cardassia Movement.", Vash spoke firmly.

"This is Gul La'Kwin. Vash, we are all gonna die.", La'Kwin sounded very scared.

"I am prepared to send the finest pilot in the universe to the Jaradak to land your bucket of bolts. I want you to personally guarantee her safety.", Vash snapped.

"If you pilot can land this fire ball, I will not only guarantee her safety, but I will be in debted for all eternity.", La'Kwin responded.

Sydney came strolling on to the bridge, "You ain't goin' over there, toots, without an engineer."

Valerie looked at Sydney, "I agree."

"Looks like we're a couple, bunny rabbit.", Sydney mocked the Vulcan's big ears.

Vash looked at T'Zohl, "You have my greatest respect, Commander."

"I am not planning on dying, Gul Enranet. Formalities are not requested.", T'Zohl responded, ever in Vulcan logic.

Sydney and T'Zohl disappeared from the bridge. Valerie looked at Vash, "We have lost the ability to monitor them from here. They are on their own."

Tania shouted out, "The Jaradak is going down."

Vash looked at Tchilick, "Follow them in."

The Tanmesad followed the lowering pattern of the Jaradak.

"Prepare for impact!" was all the Cardassian that T'Zohl could remember as she told the crew before making an emergency landing in the Garak River.

T'Zohl, Sydney and La'Kwin opened the exits of the Jaradak as the crew steeled themselves for the icy waters and tried to remain calm in the cabin.

"The left nacelle just explored. Fire, flames were coming out of it and I was looking at it because I was sitting right there. And it just started smelling like death," a Cardassian screamed out "...Everyone started, to be honest, to say prayers."

"Gotta give it to the pilot," the shaken crew member added. "She did a helluva job."

"I Thought I Was Going To Die", the Cardassian crew member yelled out as Vash, Tania and Valerie beamed to the surface.

All of the crew members survived, according to initial reports thanks to the expertise, bravery and cool of the pilot, Commander T'Zohl of Vulcan, a hero whose calm saved 755 people, including a little baby, from an icy and fiery death in what could only be called a miracle.

"It looks like a miraculous rescue underway," Forces loyal to Minsiter Garak on the ground came running up to Vash and La'Kwin. "It was an extraordinary rescue effort."

Stunned passengers struggled to describe the harrowing experience.

“I don't even know how to put it into words right now," La'Kwin told the Tanmesad Command.

"These were a couple of people who took charge and started yelling for everyone to calm down," La'Kwin said. "Once everyone realized we were going to be OK, they settled down."

Along the bank of the Garak, eyewitnesses could not believe their eyes: a Jaradak was flying impossibly low yet steady as can be. It was as if the pilot was approaching a landing pad, not the icy winter waters of Lakaria City’s Garak River.

“I saw a Galor coming down the Garak in very controlled fashion but much much lower than it should be,” Ground Forces told ONN. “It was really just a remarkable job … It could not appear more controlled or smooth as the pilot touched down in the water.”

"I see a Detapa War Ship coming down, looking like it's landing right in the water," Ground Force operatives told ONN. "This looked like a controlled descent."

Cardassians were running up and hugging T'Zohl. The Vulcan was very uncomfortable with the emotional display. Sydney ran over and picked her up spinning her around, holding her with his arms wrapped around her thighs just below her butt. He looked up, "I knew you could do it. I love you, Bunny Rabbit."

T'Zohl exclaimed, "Put me down, you idiot."

La'Kwin looked at Vash, "What you have shown me today, Gul Enranet is what a free and democratic society can do for Cardassia. Me, my men and women and their families are at your service."

Vash saluted, "The forces loyal to Free Cardassia can use the help."

La'Kwin looked at T'Zohl, "Vulcan, that is the best I have ever seen."

T'Zohl simply smiled, "I would expect nothing less of myself."

She turned to walk away. La'Kwin looked at T'Zohl.

"Thank you.", La'Kwin spoke softly.

T'Zohl turned around, her Federation uniform blackened by smoke and mess aboard the Jaradak, "Its my job."

Vash smiled. La'Kwin smiled.

Not everyone in the universe would see that saving your enemy is your job. The values of the Federation were once based upon these ideals.

Posted by:

Gul Vash Enranet
Commanding Officer
USS / CGV Tanmesad
Phoenix Federation

Commander Tania Branson
Executive Officer
USS / CGV Tanmesad
Phoenix Federation

Commander Valerie Bell
Operations Commander
USS / CGV Tanmesad
Phoenix Federation

Commander T'Zohl of Vulcan
Flight Commander
USS / CGV Tanmesad
Phoenix Federation

Posted in Tribute of the 1 Year Anniversary of the work of a true hero, Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger III, a hero whose calm saved 155 people, including a little baby, from an icy and fiery death in what could only be called a miracle aboard a jet liner that he landed in the Hudson River near Manhattan. May his efforts not only never be forgotten but remind us that humans are capable of so much more than killing one another
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tanmesad.simmplicity.org

Liberation – My Enemy's Keeper
Page 1 of 1