Star Trek: Tanmesad

These are the Voyages of the Cardassian Galor Glass Vessel, the CGV Tanmesad

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Liberation On the Ground

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tania Branson
Commander (B)
Commander (B)

Number of posts : 304
Crew Assignment : Chief Diplomatic Officer
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Crew Profile
Name: T'Ros of Romulus
Department: Diplomatic

PostSubject: Liberation On the Ground   Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:46 am

Vash had been to Cardassia Prime many times in the last 2 years. He had even attended speeches by Minister Garak but he had never been on the ground in his battle uniform holding a weapon. Tania looked at Vash, "Do you think it is a good choice for you to be here?"

"Commander, this is my home.", Vash explained, "I could not not be here."

The Cardassian Guard came up the rear. Vash had never seen the full complement on the ground before. He thought of his career as he looked out at the Academy, the infamous "non-loyals" concentration camp. Vash was embarrassed for Cardassia. This image was shown around the Federation, the Phoenix Federation and even the universe. This is the image of Cardassia now, a union divided.

Autumn set up her sniper's and prepared her troops. The Cardassian Guard was also anxious to see if the Betazoid was for real. Valerie directed the Star Fleet troops. Tania looked at Valerie, "Once we break the precipice, Federation troops will have become involved in the Cardassian Civil War. Your career could be sanctioned for your involvement, Commander Bell. I need you to understand that."

Valerie looked at Tania, "I cannot stand idly by when people are being tortured and even killed because they support the ideals of democracy and freedom. I would rather be a sanctioned officer than turn a blind eye to this."

Tania smiled, "Branson to T'Zohl, This is the beginning."

Commander T'Zohl had served under Cardassian Rank after she was sanctioned herself for standing with Captain John Warren in the Galactic Order. She loved the Cardassian people for giving her a second chance. She looked around the bridge, "Violet, destroy the barracks! All hell is about to break lose."

The Tactical Officer targetted the Tanmesad weapons on the barracks in the Academy. She knew what firing meant. There would be a fire fight on the ground that would be among the worst the Tanmesad leadership had ever endured. She thought of Vash and their burgeoning relationship. She thought of her father and his service and his death on the Tanmesad. She thought of others who had died in service to this ship.

T'Zohl turned back, "Fire Lieutenant!"

All hell broke loose as the Barracks exploded and chaos reigned across the Academy, Forces loyal to Minister Garak raced into the Academy to liberate loyalists. Vash lost his staff in the smoke and in the chaos as Cardassians fled the academy. Vash tried to fire but everyone was wearing black uniforms. He had no idea who the enemy was. He was lost and just running with the pack. He never even saw the Detapa guard. The guard dropped him like a shot. He crawled on top of Vash and started punching him. Vash had never felt a pain like getting punched in the face with such hate.

Vash was about to lose consciousness when he heard the shot. The blast tore through the ribs of the Detapa Guard as he gasped and fell on the Gul. Enranet pushed him off. In the smoke, he saw the Betazoid sharp shooter. Autumn looked at him and winked. Vash felt a sense of loyalty that he had not felt in a long time. Autumn had saved his life.

T'Zohl looked at Violet, "Dispatch Tchilick and Faulkner with the two shuttles, the safety of the shuttles is secured thanks to the ground forces. We need to pick up as many loyalists as possible."

T'Zohl stepped towards the helm and touched a button, "Charlene, if you wreck my shuttle, there will be hell to pay."

Charlene giggled across the comm-link, "Yes, Ma'am."

Valerie and Tania gathered loyalists into groups for pick up. Many of the Cardassians had never seen Federation officers behave this way. They kept trying to hug them and to thank them. They had always seen the Federation as the enemy. Valerie literally had to shove them away, "There will be plenty of time for thank yous, right now is the time for rescue. Stand still!!"

Valerie's face was all dirty and there was so much smoke when Charlene came out of the T'Zohl Gamma. She looked at Valerie, "You look beautiful."

Valerie wiped the blackness from her face, "Hardly."

Charlene picked her up, "I cannot wait to tell Lyris and Jenerica. You are a hero."

Valerie looked at Charlene, "Hardly. I am just doing my job."

Valerie wiped her face once more, "I think I am gonna need to shower for a week."

"Can I join you?", Charlene giggled.

Tania hollered, "All loaded!"

"Gotta go!", Charlene smiled and winked at Valerie.

Vash gathered his troops. Autumn screamed, "Tanmesad Troops Fall In."

"Loss reports!", the Marine screamed.

"15 dead. 10 wounded. All accounted for.", the Marines shouted.

"Thandie, bring us home!", Vash ordered.

Vash stood on the bridge, horribly dirty and exhausted. His nose was still bleeding and his ridges were filled with blood. He watched as the Academy burned. He turned to Violet, "Fire again!"

"Vash, the facility is destroyed.", Violet responded.

Vash felt the saltiness of a tear mix with the blood on his cheek, "Fire again!"

Vash wanted to wipe every memory of this dark day from his homeworld forever. Tania looked at Violet and nodded. Violet launched another volley. The explosions were devastating.

Thandie put the viewer to the Detapa Council Information Network. The Cardassian Information Officer was speaking in Cardassian as he announced, "Today, an unprovoked attack on a Detapa Retraining Facility has resulted in nearly 100 Cardassians being killed and irreparable damage to a mental hospital designed for retraining and rehabilitating Cardassians for their successful return to society. Images shown here clearly show members of the Phoenix Federation and renegade Cardassians attacking the hospital. This is what the mentally unstable Minister Elim Garak would bring to Cardassia. What sort of monster would coordinate such a vial attack on a mental hospital.

"Turn that off.", Vash snapped.

Autumn walked onto the bridge. Vash turned around. He looked at her for a long time and then he walked over and just gave her a soft hug. Autumn did not know how to respond. She slowly put her arms around his waist. Vash cried as he rest his head on her shoulder, "Thank you, Captain."

He was over tired. He was over emotional. He was happy to be alive. He was all these things.

Autumn whispered in his ears, "Your welcome."

She too was grateful to Vash for giving her a second chance when she was not overly successful as Chief of Security. Charlene and Click walked onto the bridge, "All secured."

Vash looked at T'Zohl, "To Amleth VII to give these people a new start."

"Yes, sir.", T'Zohl smiled.

Vash watched as Cardassia Prime disappeared. He looked at his capital still divided and knew that while this was a good victory, Liberation was only just beginning.

Posted by:

Gul Vash Enranet
Commanding Officer
USS / CGV Tanmesad
Phoenix Federation

Commander Tania Branson
Executive Officer
USS / CGV Tanmesad
Phoenix Federation

Commander Valerie Bell
Operations Commander
USS / CGV Tanmesad