Star Trek: Tanmesad

These are the Voyages of the Cardassian Galor Glass Vessel, the CGV Tanmesad

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Darkness of Oblivion The Darkness Comes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vash Enranet
Gul
Gul

Number of posts : 295
Crew Assignment : Command
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Crew Profile
Name: Vash Enranut
Department: Command

PostSubject: Darkness of Oblivion The Darkness Comes   Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:25 am

The USS / CGV Tanmesad was returning home for its most successful diplomatic mission ever; the remarkable approval of the Hebetian Democratic Government as the official government of Cardassia by the Klingon Council. The Tanmesad encountered the USS Independence, under the command of Captain Laurence Harris and notoriously famous for firing upon the city of Tokyo on the Phoenix Colony.

Near Amleth Prime, site of the Cardassian Iconian Gateway, the Independence fired upon the Tanmesad, but not with a traditional Photon Torpedo but with some sort of Pulse Weapon sending the Tanmesad plummeting through space and entering the "Purgatory Rift" ~ a space between two universes.

The Tanmesad cannot move, cannot use any sensors and is stuck between two universes. Is the ship trapped forever in its own version of:

"The Darkness of Oblivion"

The whole incident happened so fast. Tania was on the bridge when the Independence appeared. It has become increasingly obvious that the Constellation Class Vessel knew that the Purgatory Rift was there. The plan all along was the drive the vessel into the Purgatory Rift with the pulse weapon.

Tania screamed over the COMM link, "Carson, do we have life support?"

The engineer was having supper when the attack occurred and had just got to engineering when the call came in.

=/= Commander Branson, we have dampening, life support and replicators on line. =/=

Tania felt a huge sense of relief. She was not about to die in the darkness. Carson began to work feverishly on how the hell they were going to get out of this mess.

Vash rushed up to the bridge. Tania explained the situation. Christina also jumped in to explain the existence of the Purgatory Rift in relation to the Iconian Gateway. Because the gateway effectively folds space, the surrounding space is often damaged resulting in little pockets which are rifts between the multi-verse. Christina explained, "It appears the Tanmesad has been captured or effectively pushed into one."

"Thank you, Dr. Lodge.", Vash said sarcastically. Tania did not appreciate the tone. Christina was only trying to help.

Vash looked out. This was a positively weird viewer. Total blackness. The Tanmesad would not move, could not send out any beacons, could not do anything.

Vash could not help but wonder if this was his final resting place, a tomb made by the ship he loved, in service to his one true belief ~ the democratic governance of Cardassia.

Vash turned to Mya, "Supper, Doctor?"

"Yes.", Mya smiled.

"What are you doing?", Tania asked.

"You have the chair, Commander Branson. I am going for supper.", Vash said, matter of factly.

Tania shook her head but smiled. She was honored that Vash would leave her in charge in such a crisis. She had no idea that inside the Cardassian was simply at a loss as to what to do. He had no clue.

T'Zohl stood up and headed for the door.

Tania looked at the Vulcan, "Don't you think you should stay? This is your shift."

T'Zohl looked back, "You don't need a helm officer, Tania. You need a miracle. I too am going for supper."

Tania turned to Christina, "Begin running scenarios."

"Yes, Commander Branson.", Dr. Lodge smiled.

Tania then tapped her COMM Badge.

=/= Andrea, are you okay? =/=

Andrea Thomson said, "Yes, I am ok, Tania. I am claustrophobic and I don't to die in the darkness.''

"We need to find way to get back to our universe and to the Federation.", Andrea's voice cracked.

"I just that to see my parents and Bajor again.'', Lt. Thomson continued.

"I am on my way ,'' Andrea replied threw her COMM Badge.

Posted by:

Gul Vash Enranet
Commanding Officer
USS / CGV Tanmesad
Phoenix Fleet

Commander Tania Branson
Executive Officer
USS / CGV Tanmesad
Phoenix Fleet

Glinn Carson Warren
Chief Engineer
USS / CGV Tanmesad